Here are some Frequently Asked Questions. You can also find a full copy of our Terms and Conditions here
- How much are the fees for The Warren?
Our fees vary depending on whether you need Residential or Nursing Care. You may also get help with fees (so pay a reduced fee or nothing at all) depending on your circumstances. For more information, go to https://new.devon.gov.uk/care-and-health/adults/paying-for-care/paying-residential-nursing-care/
Residential Care fees are currently £784.32 per week
Residential Care with Nursing fees £1070.31 per week - some people are eligible for FNC.
Please note these are correct at time of publication but are subject to change. Please contact the home directly to confirm the charges that would be applicable to you.
Fees are liable for annual increase in April 2020.
- What do the fees include?
All fees at The Warren include:
- Full board accommodation in a fully furnished room.
- A choice of meals, plus snacks and drinks. We can cater for special dietary requirements by arrangement.
- Full use of communal lounges, dining rooms, bathrooms and any other communal facilities in the home
- The opportunity to join in with activities run by the home and use of recreational facilities. (You may be asked to make a financial contribution to the cost of some activities or excursions.)
- Assistance with washing, bathing, medication and other personal services, as reasonably required. Staff are on duty throughout the day and night to assist you.
- A complete laundry service (excluding dry cleaning).
- Liaison with your general practitioner, social worker, district nurse, dentist, chiropodist and other professionals, but any charge that any of these make must be met by you.
- Can I bring my own furniture and belongings with me?
Yes, we encourage residents to personalise their rooms and to bring things that are familiar to them to help them to feel at home. Please speak to the Home Manager if you have queries about any particular items.
- Will my family and friends be able to visit me?
Yes, absolutely! We welcome visitors throughout the day and early evening and encourage staying a while to chat, have lunch with us and take part in any activities going on.
Just let us know if there are a few of you coming for lunch so we can let Cook know.
- Can I have a pet at The Warren?
Unfortunately, pets are not permitted at The Warren. However, we recognise that pets are often an important part of the family and visitors may bring well-behaved pets in to the home.
There is also a resident cat, Max, who likes to make use of the sunny conservatory and can point you to the most comfortable chairs.
- Is the food home-cooked?
Yes. Our amazing kitchen team, led by Leanne, produce fantastic, fresh, home-cooked, prepared from scratch food every day.
Recent highlights include a stunning Italian week with a to doe for Tiramisu (who knew a hint of lemon could be so good? Sorcery!) and fresh cream a Lasagna just like Mamma used to make. Mmm.
We can cater for any special requirements. We’ll ask you all about your likes and dislikes as well as special diets. As everything is prepared from scratch, it’s easy to modify and adapt meals and there is always a choice of a few options and a good variety of lighter options and winter warmers. All menu are planned with good nutrition in mind. Food is important and and we make sure meals are enjoyable, varied and unhurried.
- What additional services are available to me?
We know it’s not always possible to get out and about. We have good links with our local community and can usually find whatever it is you need - from a paper to a ukelele teacher.
We have a visiting hairdresser and chiropodist for head to toe requirements and can also arrange for other visiting professionals for hearing and visions tests, etc.
We work closely with the Community Nursing Team too, so you may see District Nurses, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists in the building.
We’re right opposite Northam Surgery and the brilliant team there, as well as the Boots Pharmacy on site there, so everything you need is on hand.
- Will I need an assessment?
Before you decide on The Warren for yourself or a loved one, we recommend you come and look around, chat to the staff and residents and let us know what it is you are looking for.
If you’re happy, we will then arrange to visit you to chat more about your needs and ensure we can have everything ready to make you comfortable from Day One. This means we can all be confident that we can meet your needs and have any specialist equipment or input available, in the right place at the right time.
- I’d really like to know more, what shall I do?
View our CQC rating here https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-4135676914
Call us on 01237 476932 or call in to The Warren. Simon Haywood, Managing Director, can also be contacted by emailing email@example.com